CSS, to be more specific, Cascading Style Sheets is a language used to style and adjust the appearance of web pages. Adding custom CSS to your WordPress website can change many design elements as you want and make your site stand out by giving a personal touch. While most WordPress block themes offer a wide range of flexible customization options, still, sometimes you might want to go a little bit further and add your own custom CSS to personalize your site even more.
If you already know how to do it, good for you. And if you don’t, no worries, it’s pretty easy to add custom CSS to block themes, and in this post, we will explore the steps together. We’ll also provide you with some tips and tricks to help you get started.
Hopefully, this piece will guide you through the process of adding custom CSS to your WordPress block theme, letting you fully modify the appearance of your website and really make it your own. So, let us start off!
How to Add Custom CSS to WordPress Block Themes
- First of all, from your dashboard, you need to go to the ‘Appearance’ and then click on the ‘Editor’ option.
- Then it will take you to the site editor where you will find the ‘Styles’ option on the top right side.
- There you will see three dots saying ‘Styles Actions’. Click on that and you will find the ‘Additional CSS’ option.
- Clicking on Additional CSS will lead to a box where you can put your custom CSS.
- Put any custom CSS you want there and click on the Save button. Like I wanted to change my paragraph color so I put down a CSS which will do that for me in that box.
That’s how you do it. Now you can give your website that extra little personalized touch too.
Adding custom CSS to your WordPress block theme can be a useful tool to get the right look and feel for your website. You can change the appearance of your website’s different elements, such as the colors, fonts, and layouts, and you don’t even need to change the theme’s underlying code.
In this post, we tried to walk you through the entire process of adding custom CSS to your block theme. You can easily customize the appearance of your site by following these steps without needing to dip your toes into advanced coding. And before setting changes on your live website, make sure you test them on a staging site, always.
If you think you still need visual guidance, just click here. Start exploring the world of CSS, it’s time for experimenting, and have fun with it!